Thursday, August 25, 2016

Nash reviews all the 2016 Oscar Noms.

Welcome to the Nash's Corner Awards! We're gonna talk about the 8 films nominated for best picture plus 3 honorable mentions. I'll also be giving the movies in question two award each if you have a physical copy of an of these feel free to write down the awards on them in sharpie. From least favorite to most favorite.
8. Mad Max. Winner of 'Why We're You Nominated Again?' and Best Groovy Cars.
Mad Max is the least deserving of the best picture nomination while it is a fun movie and is even a good movie I don't get why it was nominated for best picture.
7.The Revenant. Winner of Most Beautiful Nature Shots and Longest Feeling Film.
I didn't like the Revenant. The story was lacking and honestly I didn't have a reason to care about the characters, I couldn't get invested and I actually sympathized with the villain. But damn those nature shots are good. And will probably win best picture.
6.The Martian. Winner of Best use of David Bowie song and the 'science is cool!' award.
The Martian is a fun movie. It's a good movie it should get some credit for sparking interest in science, but all I can think while watching it is, 'I wish NASA had more funding.'
5. Brooklyn. Winner of, the Better 'than I thought it would be' award and Most Realistic/Awkward sex scene.
I'm impressed by this film defying my expectations. It got me to care about it's character and even has some beautiful cinematography. But is a bit to predictable for my personal taste.
4. Bridge of Spies. Winner of the 'wait this film was nominated, oh yeah I remember now! it was pretty good.' award and Best use of the Supreme Court.
This film is only slightly above Brooklyn for me because I liked it's character more. That's about it only personal honestly both of those films we're pretty good I like them but there we're far better.
3. The Big Short. Winner of Best Comedy and Best Parable.
This film is a must see. It is funny, lude, crude and tragic. It really tells a good lesson about corruption in the economy. It's a good lesson I wish we would all learn it some day.
2. Spotlight. Winner of Most Bland Cinematography and Most Gripping Story.
Spotlight is a film that should be appreciated just because it could have easily flopped. It could have just been a boring film. But the story and the characters were so compelling that I was always interested. If this won best picture I wouldn't mind.
1. Room. Winner of Deserves Best Picture and Most Thought Provoking.
When I left the theater after watching Room I was amazed by it. It was beautifully shot and gripping in story and fascinating in terms of characters. It combines all three is such a perfect that to me it defines what getting best picture is all about. Shame it will never win.
Honorable Mentions:
*Trumbo Winner. of "Why wasn't this nominated instead of Mad Max!" and Nash's Personal Favorite.
It really is a fantastic film if I could give three award per film I would give it Best use of Louie C.K. Back on topic. I loved this film for talking about a somewhat forgotten figure of cinematic history that deserves to be remembered.
*The Hateful Eight. Winner of Deserves Better at the Academy and the 'Originality is Overrated' award.
Give credit to Tarantino for retelling John Carpenter's 'The Thing' in such an interesting way.
*World of Tomorrow. Winner of Best Short Film, and Nash's Real Personal Favorite.
This fifteen minute master piece made me say to myself, "Don Hertzfeld you did it again!" I think this is a film everyone should see. And it's on Netflix watch it! Watch it now! You will be amazed by how Stick Figure make you Feel these emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment